Why Become a Drug & Alcohol Counselor?
Becoming a Drug & Alcohol Counselor offers compelling reasons to consider it as a career. You can make a profound difference in the lives of individuals battling addiction by providing guidance, support, and therapeutic interventions. Helping clients overcome substance abuse, rebuild their lives, and achieve lasting recovery is incredibly fulfilling. The demand for Substance Abuse Counselors is high, especially in California. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the field is projected to grow 31% from 2012 to 2022, surpassing the average for all occupations. This profession promotes mental health, creates a positive impact, and offers stability, competitive salaries, and advancement opportunities. Joining as a counselor means being part of a critical healthcare sector, fostering personal growth, and transforming lives. Consider this career to make a meaningful difference while enjoying a rewarding and fulfilling path in California.
A Vocational School You can Afford and Trust since 1989
645 clock hours/
29.88 Credit Hours
$7,395 includes Registration, Books/
Equipment, & Tuition
Contact us today to learn more about our program and how it can help you reach your career goals
What our successful
Substance Abuse Counseling graduates say
- Understanding Abnormal Psychology
- Physiology & Pharmacology Skills in SUD
- SUD Law & Ethics
- Case Management
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Personal & Professional Growth Techniques
Our training helps students be a vital asset to any healthcare or medical facility. The Drug and Alcohol Counseling program at HealthStaff Training Institute prepares our graduates for a position in any inpatient or outpatient facility that treats addictions.
Drug & Alcohol Counselor Job Duties
- Managing all aspects of a case from date of entry to date of discharge.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of their client's information
- Evaluating patients' physical and mental behaviors.
- Plan a course of treatment for a client’s behavioral problems.
- Facilitating individual and group therapy sessions.
- Monitoring patients over time to access treatment progress.
- Collaborating with psychiatrists, doctors, nurses, social workers, and departments of correction.
- Identifying behaviors that interfere with treatment and recovery.
- Assisting primary caregivers to manage addiction-related behavior.
- Must be able to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, and must be able to develop trustful relationships with their clients
Approved & Recognized: Meeting the highest industry standards
HealthStaff Training Institute’s Drug & Alcohol Counseling program is approved and recognized by CCAPP ( California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals) and CADTP (California Substance Use Disorder Counselor Certification Agency) for meeting Industry Standards. The successful completion of our program opens the door to CADC-I and SUDCC Certifications.
|Health Staff Training Insitute
|Become Graduate in
|Books & Supplies
|Pell Grant (time consuming)
|Interest Rate on Payment Plan
|0% (In-house 12 months)
|1.13% APR to 11.23% APR
|Lot of options and flexibility
|Small with full attention
|Large class size
|Job Placement assistance
|Dedicated Career Services team